Fitness Professionals are just as busy as the average American and they struggle to get their workouts in just like everyone. Consider this…you’ve been at the gym all day working and training clients. Often, at the end of your shift, you just want to go home and the last thing you want to do is stay longer at the gym to get your own workout in. So how do Fitness Pros stick with it?
Here’s Some Tips From The Pros:
- Make It A Priority
- Trainers realize that their life is better, they feel great and are more productive when they do exercise. Secondly, they have learned to be efficient and effective in their life to know how to fit workouts in that don’t necessarily require more time. Third, they understand if they can’t be disciplined enough to walk their talk, how are they going to teach and coach others to do it! So NOT working out is NOT an option! And NOT working out, shouldn’t be an option for you either!
- Let’s Do It Together
- If you are friends with a fitness pro, most likely they will talk you into going for a hike, bike ride, run, taking a class or working out together. Fitness Pros combine their workouts with their quality time with loved ones. They recognize they don’t have the time to do both separately but by combining they can do it all!
- Go Hard
- Trainers often replace long duration and easy intensity cardio with short and hard interval training. You can accomplish the same workload in a shorter period of time so when you don’t have a ton of time, go hard and fast.
- Combine Exercises
- Trainers often combine muscle conditioning movements. For example, instead of doing one set of squats and then one set of overhead shoulder presses, they will combine the movements and do a squat with an overhead shoulder press at the same time. Or instead of a separate set of lunges and bicep curls, they will do them at the same time. This an efficient way to train and saves a ton of time!
- Keep Moving
- Trainers oftensequence their exercises to remove any rest periods. So for example, instead of doing 3 sets of bench press with a minute rest in between, they might do their core training in between their Bench Press sets. Or they might perform lower body and upper body exercises back to back with no rest in between. Removing the rest periods can save a ton of time!
- Cardio/Muscle Blast
- Trainers often don’t have the time to do separate cardio and muscle workouts so they will often workout in a way that allows them to train both fitness components at the same time. They may intersperse cardio segments in between muscle conditioning exercises or perform circuit workouts with high intensity callisthenic exercises that condition muscles and the cardio system.
- Less Reps
- Instead of doing high-endurance muscle conditioning, which takes longer, trainers often lift heavier and keep repetitions between 8 and 12.
- Move Your Body ALL The Time
- Trainers get a ton of activity all day just because they are moving around so much as they are training clients, even if it’s not their own workout. So try to emulate that in your life…just move more and you won’t have to spend hours and hours in the gym!
- Trainers focus on what they are doing when they are working out to maximize their workouts and results. We can’t tell you how many times we see gym-goers zoning out watching TV or reading a magazine while workout out. If you want to maximize your workouts, put away the books, magazines and distractions while working out so you can focus on what you’re doing and get in and out of the gym more quickly.
- Trainers fully understand what they need to do to get it done. If they’re just not feeling it, they may rely on their favorite, high-energy pumping music playlist to find their inner motivation. Or they may watch a 2 minute youtube clip highlighting inspirational athletes that will get them going. Or they may call a workout buddy to join them for their workout to assure they get it done.
Trainers realize that instead of exercise taking up too much time, it will actually give you more time, energy and increased productivity. They realize they look better, feel better and live a better life when they workout and take care of themselves so they just do it.
Yours in health & fitness,
Join us for the….
Girlfriends Run for a Cure Half & Quarter Marathon October 15th, 2017 in Vancouver, WA.
Recruit your best girlfriends and help raise funds for Breast Cancer Treatment, Research & a Cure!