When people workout on their own, they often have no idea which exercises to incorporate in their program and how to sequence them. They often wander aimlessly through the gym with no real method or rationale to their exercise session. This can lead to poor results and a lot of wasted time. Instead put purpose to your workouts and use a template to assure you address all of the important fitness components.
Here’s a template that is very easy to incorporate and very effective.
- Lower Body Focused Exercise
- Upper Body Focused Exercise
- Core Conditioning Exercise
- 1 minute Cardio Drill
- Repeat 3-6x
- Cool Down
Don’t forget to sign up to automatically receive my latest blog post in your inbox!
Right at the top of the page.
So for example….
- 1 minute High Intensity Row
- 1 minute High Intensity Jump Rope
- Step Ups
- 1 minute High Intensity Sprint
- Choose a different exercise each time you start a new circuit for maximum variety
- Take each exercise to maximum fatigue (not failure). Make every rep count
- Choose exercises based on equipment available
- Lower Body exercises can include hundreds of variations of squats, lunges, step ups etc
- Upper Body exercises can include hundreds of variations of chest presses, pushups, pull ups, rows, overhead presses, triceps, curls etc
- Core Conditioning can included hundreds of variations of V-sits, Planks, Bridging, Supine Stabilization etc
- Cardio Drills can include body weight calisthenics or equipment based cardio
Your workouts will reach a whole new level of intensity when you add intention into each session. Have fun, be safe and train strong.
Yours in health & fitness,
Join us for…..
RUN TO REMEMBER WASHINGTON – Memorial Day Mile, 5k and 10k races!
Saturday May 27th in Downtown Washougal, WA – just across the river from Portland Oregon.
Let us honor the brave men and women who have or are currently serving in our Armed Forces and remember those who have given the ultimate sacrifice fighting for our freedom. This Memorial Day Mile and 5k/10k running and walking event on Memorial Day weekend will benefit Battle Buddies, an organization that provides Service Dogs for our Veterans.