Sign It – Your Fitness Commitment!
Here at Northwest Personal Training each new client signs and Fitness & Training Commitment. This signed agreement serves as a reminder of the commitment that they have made to themselves and to provide a list of the health behaviors that we will help them to adopt over the next few weeks and for the rest of their lives. I wanted to share this list of commitments with you because they are the same commitments you could make if you are REALLY SERIOUS about sticking to you health & fitness plan….it is an extensive list and you won’t be able to tackle them all at once, but at least you will have a list to refer to if you start to slip away from your commitment!
An Optimal Health and Fitness Program Includes:
- Exercising aerobically 3-6 days each week for 20-60 minutes each session at various levels of intensity. Using a Heart rate monitor will keep you honest. Activities like walking, jogging, cycling, swimming, rowing, hiking, stair-climbing, or Group classes will do the trick.
- Conditioning your muscles with resistance training workouts for a minimum of two times per week. One set of 8-12 reps of a variety of exercises for 20-60 minutes is perfect! Or just workout with your trainer and they’ll make sure you meet this requirement. Our Group Muscle Conditioning programs will help you achieve this goal also.
- Eating a balanced diet that is high in fiber content.
- Eating 5 vegetable servings and 3 fruit servings each day.
- Drinking 10—8 ounce glasses of water each day. Drink water before and with each meal and snack. Purchasing a Jumbo size water bottle will help you adhere to this tip.
- Planning your meals so that you eat 3 small meals and 2 small snacks each day. Try to eat every 3 hours.
- Avoiding eating anything high in fat or calories 3 hours before bedtime.
- Controlling portion sizes. If you need more assistance regarding exact caloric requirements, visit our website at www.nwpersonaltraining.com. Click on the “Client Fitness Info”. Then click on “Cool Tools”. There is a calculator that you can use to more accurately estimate your calorie and protein needs. You will also find various articles that will help you on your journey.
- Eliminating any unhealthy temptations from your environment (work, home, car) and replacing with healthy alternatives.
- Grocery shopping at least once per week to stock up on healthy choices and fresh fruits and veggies.
- Maintaining a more active daily lifestyle. Move your body as much as you can in addition to your exercise program. The International Journal of Obesity released a statistic that reported we expend an average of 500-800 fewer calories than we did a few decades ago because of our more sedentary lifestyle. At Northwest Personal Training, we believe that all you have to do is start moving more in your life and then you won’t have to spend hours in the gym every week!
- Getting enough sleep (7-8 hours per night). Sleep is when your body recovers and repairs. If you do not sleep enough, you will not be prepared for each workout session and you will not function optimally.
- Controlling and managing your stress levels. Identify your stresses. Outline methods that help you to reduce your stress and practice them regularly.
- Completing Activity and Nutrition logs every day and submitting to your trainer every week (if you have one).
- Weekly weigh-ins and monthly measurements help to manage your progress if fat loss is your goal.
SIGN HERE (Print this out and put it somewhere you will see it everyday!):
Put some real focus on these things for the next month and before you know it they will become routine!
Need help sticking to your commitment? That is exactly what we help our clients do every day. Learn more be visiting our website or calling 360-574-7292.
Yours in health and fitness,
Don’t forget! – our Girlfriends Half Marathon is on October 13th. Encourage a girlfriend to walk or run it with you and help raise money for Breast Cancer research. Early Bird rates until early September.
Like us on Facebook and get FREE instant access to my “Achieving your Personal Best” eVideo – Learn the critical steps to help you lose weight, feel great and live your best life.
Don’t forget to sign up to receive my blog posts in your inbox!
Just enter your name and email in the form up here